Custom Search
-->

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Catching up

I have a few things to catch everyone up on. First of all, June 18th, Holden turned 7 months. Not that I don't think about him everyday, I was especially thinking about him that day and how he was not in our arms yet, what we were missing and how I wished I had his cute little chunky cheeks to kiss on.

Second thing, I need someone to hold me back on buying things, especially shoes. This child has 13, that is right, 13 pairs of shoes already. I don't know what it is but I have this obsession with buying him shoes. They are all different sizes which is a plus but really, what am I thinking??

Third, we went on a mini vacation to the beach this last weekend. The girl that watches my pups is such a sweetie, she has become like family in the fact that I KNOW my pups are well cared for while we are gone. Anyway, she has a 10 month old son and that was a Shaka test. I know Squeezy will be fine with Holden but Shaka has these droopy ears and tail that I know Holden will want to pull on. So, my friend's son pulled her ears, took her toy and pulled on her muzzle and my girl said Shaka just looked at her baby like, "let me know when you are done so we can move on." I was happy a relieved to hear Shaka did so well, I was glad to hear that she should be fine with Holden.

Last but not least, I had fun celebrating a mini father's day with Rob. I got him a card and we just had time to relax and talk, get reconnected. We really needed to just have the time to be together. We are looking forward to getting Holden and having him in our arms and celebrating Father's Day together as a family next year.

2 comments:

  1. now that's a lotta shoes! my goodness!!! it's easy to buy them though, isn't it?! :-)

    glad to hear your baby did well with the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes are so much fun! And seriously, he's going to wear them SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete