Custom Search
-->

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 14, 2010

This was an ordinary day with ordinary problems at work. I was getting antsy so I decided to email the NY agency to see what I could start getting together as a care package to send over. I asked what would be appropriate to send over for the foster family. I figured I would go shopping that weekend and see what I could find.

So, I was just sitting at my desk and my phone rang, it was a NY number so I figured it was the agency wanting to discuss my email. I answered the phone and of course it was the agency, the SW on the other end said she wanted to go over my email with me but first she wanted to discuss the referral they had for us. I said, "what, are you for real" and she said yes. They had been waiting for the local agency to get back to them so they could do a three way call but she decided to go ahead and tell me about the referral since they had already waited a day. I was in shock, I started crying, I was anxious, I just kept saying, "oh my God, oh my God." The SW said she would send over some pics of our son. She had told me his Korean name, his birthdate and anything beyond that got lost in the oh my God I am a mom translation!! LOL

I sat there and waited and waited and waited, it seemed like an eternity, I think it was only about 10 minutes. The pictures finally came and although they were in black and white and fax quality at that, I started to cry again, I knew this was our son and I knew for sure his name was not Ethan Jacob, that was not his name. I looked at him and just knew this name did not fit him. Luckily Rob and I had discussed other names and I knew he was a Holden, I was not sure of the middle name but the first name for sure was Holden.

Here I was, staring at my son's face trying to think of how I was going to tell Rob, what was going to be the most creative way to tell him. Then, it hit me, the perfect way to tell him.

4 comments:

  1. What an exciting day! I can't wait to hear more. :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't do that!!! How did you tell him???

    By the way, so excited for you that you have Holden's referral!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, reading about all this is SO much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are logged in to Korea with S-C! It is so exciting to see you get your referral. More information please!!! Congrats on your little boy.

    ReplyDelete